- Spare the user complicated procedures in order to leave the service.
- Let the user know, right off the bat, that they won’t be trapped into the service.
- Cut the cost of user account management.
- Boost confidence in the site or service.
- Improve your reputation and reduce the risk of bad press.
Provide an automated account closure procedure (a form) on the website if the account creation itself is automated
Provide a closure request form on the website if account creation is delayed.
In any website offering the creation of a user account:
- Create an account then check the possibility of closing it or requesting its closure online, via a similar process.
Business application and benefits
The rules should be applied to your projects from the design phase through to post-implementation , and they should be understood by all professionals with web and customer experience (CX) responsibilities: from strategy to operations, marketers to project managers, and editorial to technical staff. The benefits of using this ruleset are numerous, including improving customer satisfaction, web performance, and e-commerce, and expanding your client base, while also decreasing your errors and costs.
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.