- Allow users and navigation tools to anticipate the change in language mid-navigation.
- Prevent users from being taken to pages whose language they don’t understand.
The target language of a link can be indicated in various ways:
- Just using the description of the link which will be written in the target language;
- By using an appropriate icon (flag);
- By explicitly in the description of the link or next to it, noting the language directly
On the website:
- Manually identify the links to content which is not written in the same language as that of the current page;
- For each of these links, check that the user is immediately informed of the language either by text (written in the target language), or by an icon, or by information given next to the link.
Discover Opquast training and certification
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.