- Give users access to all of the essential information related to the search that they ran.
- The overall number of results is generally displayed and repeated in the title of each results page (for example: 246 results correspond to your “Example” query).
- The number of results pages is generally indicated in the navigation menu between the pages.
- The number of results per page is usually shown before the list of results.
Via the search engine of the website being checked:
- Perform one or more queries on the search form(s) (depending on the configuration of the results, it may be necessary to test those queries which sequentially have a limited number of results, a large number and no results);
- Check, in each results page, that the overall number of results is shown;
- Check, in the case of paginated results, that the total number of results pages and the number of results per page are shown in each results page.
Discover Opquast training and certification
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.