- Give users access to all of the essential information related to the search that they ran.
- The overall number of results is generally displayed and repeated in the title of each results page (for example: 246 results correspond to your “Example” query).
- The number of results pages is generally indicated in the navigation menu between the pages.
- The number of results per page is usually shown before the list of results.
Via the search engine of the website being checked:
- Perform one or more queries on the search form(s) (depending on the configuration of the results, it may be necessary to test those queries which sequentially have a limited number of results, a large number and no results);
- Check, in each results page, that the overall number of results is shown;
- Check, in the case of paginated results, that the total number of results pages and the number of results per page are shown in each results page.