- Allow the user to click on clickable items.
- Limit false manipulations and excessive handling.
- Improve compatibility with mobile devices.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
- Improve compatibility with mobile terminals.
Give each clickable element (buttons, links) a default size of at least 44 by 44 pixels.
Check that the default size of each clickable element (buttons, links) is at least 44 by 44 pixels.
Business application and benefits
The rules should be applied to your projects from the design phase through to post-implementation , and they should be understood by all professionals with web and customer experience (CX) responsibilities: from strategy to operations, marketers to project managers, and editorial to technical staff. The benefits of using this ruleset are numerous, including improving customer satisfaction, web performance, and e-commerce, and expanding your client base, while also decreasing your errors and costs.
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.