- Enable cutting-and-pasting of content, regardless of any all-caps formatting.
- Simplify the adaptation of formatting to users with trouble reading texts in all caps.
Enter the HTML content in compliance with the typographic usage for upper case letters (start of sentence, proper names, etc.)
Use the CSS
text-transform property with the
uppercase value to manage decorative capitals.
For all content entirely in capital letters:
- Disable style support for the website in the browser;
- Identify the texts that appear in upper case when styles are disabled;
- Check that the use of capital letters respects the typographic conventions of the language used. For example: acronyms or names of authors in a bibliography can be in capital letters.
Opquast training and certification
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.