- Enable cutting-and-pasting of content, regardless of any all-caps formatting.
- Simplify the adaptation of formatting to users with trouble reading texts in all caps.
Enter the HTML content in compliance with the typographic usage for upper case letters (start of sentence, proper names, etc.)
Use the CSS
text-transform property with the
uppercase value to manage decorative capitals.
For all content entirely in capital letters:
- Disable style support for the website in the browser;
- Identify the texts that appear in upper case when styles are disabled;
- Check that the use of capital letters respects the typographic conventions of the language used. For example: acronyms or names of authors in a bibliography can be in capital letters.