- Allow users to understand industry-specific and technical content.
- Simplify use of a service.
- Improve SEO on keywords or technical expressions.
- improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
- Improve the way content is taken into account by search engines and indexing tools.
To implement this best practice, it will be necessary to provide:
- A glossary section, page or series of pages explaining the technical or sector-specific vocabulary used in the content of the website should be provided. This glossary must be available directly from each page of the website.
- Alternatively a mechanism could be provided allowing the user to access the definition of terms in the technical or sector-specific vocabulary, from at least their first occurrence in each page of the website.
For each page containing specific vocabulary, check that it is possible to access one of the following:
- A section acting as a glossary in each relevant page.
- A glossary page or pages available through the navigation menus.
- Directly to the definition of terms from at least their first occurrence in each page of the website via a link or a tooltip.