- Enable the immediate identification of advertisements and sponsored content.
- Avoid confusion between editorial and advertising content.
- Prevent the risks associated with conflicts of interest.
- Highlight advertisements with a note which allows them to be identified (advertisement, advert, partners etc.
- And, as far as possible, graphically separate the advertisement from the rest of the content.
In the website being checked:
- Identify advertising content.
- Check that all of the areas allocated to advertising are different from the rest of the content and include a statement allowing them to be unambiguously identified: typically, the phrase “advertising” displayed above or below the content in question.