- Enable the immediate identification of advertisements and sponsored content.
- Avoid confusion between editorial and advertising content.
- Prevent the risks associated with conflicts of interest.
- Highlight advertisements with a note which allows them to be identified (advertisement, advert, partners etc.
- And, as far as possible, graphically separate the advertisement from the rest of the content.
In the website being checked:
- Identify advertising content.
- Check that all of the areas allocated to advertising are different from the rest of the content and include a statement allowing them to be unambiguously identified: typically, the phrase “advertising” displayed above or below the content in question.
Discover Opquast training and certification
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.