- Give users, unable to perceive the proposed sound or image, access to a text
- transcription as an alternative.
- Give users, unable to hear the sound, access to the information contained in the
- Enable bots to exploit the information, in order to improve its indexing and
- referencing, or to translate it using online language tools.
Accompany each audio or video content with a transcription:
- Either complete (containing the words and a description of the sounds and visual elements necessary for understanding);
- Or an overview (but reflecting all of the information). _ x000D_
The transcription can:
- x000D_ Appear on the page where the video or audio content is found;
- Or be immediately accessible by a link on the page where the video content is located or audio.
Identify each page containing multimedia content and, next to each audio or video content, ensure the presence of a transcription or a link giving immediate access to it.
Business application and benefits
The rules should be applied to your projects from the design phase through to post-implementation , and they should be understood by all professionals with web and customer experience (CX) responsibilities: from strategy to operations, marketers to project managers, and editorial to technical staff. The benefits of using this ruleset are numerous, including improving customer satisfaction, web performance, and e-commerce, and expanding your client base, while also decreasing your errors and costs.
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.