- Reduce the risk of input errors.
- Reduce the risks associated with sending incorrect or unusable data.
- Prevent the user from giving up, for lack of information about the expected input.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
Indicate what is the expected input format using the label associated with the field. For example:
<label for="mail">Email Address (of the type firstname.lastname@example.org)
For each form:
- Submit various possible errors in each form, for non-compliance with a requested or predictable format (format of email address, date, etc.), in order to detect the fields for which a specific input format is required.
- Check, using a code inspector, that the label associated with each relevant field indicates the expected format in the label element or by using an ARIA attribute.