- Prevent the risk of mistakes and, as a result, prevent the user from having to fill out the same field several times.
- Prevent confusion in users who think they correctly completed the field, but see it marked as an error.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
If the expected entry is case sensitive, specify in the label associated with the field that it must be done in upper or lower case, as appropriate.
For each form
- Identify the fields whose input is case sensitive by entering the requested text in upper case then in lower case and check whether, in one of the two cases, the input is rejected.
- If the input is rejected because of its case, check that the label associated with each field, using the
labelelement or in the
aria-labelattribute, informs the user of the case sensitivity.