- Prevent users from only having a hard-to-understand URL as a label.
- Avoid links that become invisible when CSS styles or background images are not handled.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
Give each link a text label (between the opening and closing tags of element
a) or, if necessary, via the text alternative of an
object element, etc.
Do not prevent the display of the text caption of element
a by replacing it with a CSS style effect (background image).
Find out more:
Detection of empty links requires the generated code to be examined in order to check the content actually present in the
a tag, in the alternative
img tag in case of an image-link or in the alternative
embed elements, etc.
In each page checked:
- Check that each text link has a label displayed when CSS styles are disabled.
- Check that each image link has a label displayed when images are disabled;
In the case of HTML links, also verify that the label is displayed when only the colours are deactivated.