- Let users identify their location on the website.
- Simplify scanning by search engines.
- Facilitate navigation of the content tree.
Provide a breadcrumb trail at the start of the main content area of the page.
The verification requires manual inspection checking the presence and relevance of the breadcrumb trail on the different pages or, where applicable, in the templates subject to third-party services producing specific content.
On the pages checked or in the website templates:
- Check that the breadcrumb trail is systematically on all pages, with the possible exception of the website's home page;
- Make sure the breadcrumb trail is immediately identifiable through user-predictable formatting.