- Allow interested users to view and navigate through the structure of the page’s content.
- Enable machines and indexing tools to extract each page’s map.
- Improve SEO by simplifying the content’s interpretation by web crawlers.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
- Improve the way content is taken into account by search engines and indexing tools.
Structure the document into titles and subtitles using the HTML elements h1 to h6.
Make sure that the structure does not contain "holes": a title at level h2 must not be followed by an h4, h5 or h6 title for example
Ensure that every page has at least one level 1 title with the h1 element.
Find out more:
On each page, check in sequence:
- that there is at least one element h1 corresponding to the title of the main section of the page content;
- that there are sub-titles h2 to h6 (if necessary) corresponding to the titles of the sub-sections of the main page content;
- that titles h1 to h6 follow successively without interruption, that for example a title h1 is not followed by a title h3.