- Inform users, so they can decide whether or
- not to play or download the content, with full knowledge of the facts.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
For all video or audio content, whether for download or for online consultation, add a note on its duration. This could be indicated generically, in the form of an approximation common to a set of contents.
On each page containing multimedia content:
- Check that the duration of each audio or video content is indicated before it is played, next to the player.
- Check that the duration indicated corresponds to the actual duration, or that it is approximately correct.
Business application and benefits
The rules should be applied to your projects from the design phase through to post-implementation , and they should be understood by all professionals with web and customer experience (CX) responsibilities: from strategy to operations, marketers to project managers, and editorial to technical staff. The benefits of using this ruleset are numerous, including improving customer satisfaction, web performance, and e-commerce, and expanding your client base, while also decreasing your errors and costs.
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.