- Allow the user to control the video content when consulting the site.
- Do not impose for the user the automatic triggering of video or any animated content.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
Do not create audio content which starts automatically and without explicit user action.
Do not incorporate in the page elements triggering the playback of an uncontrollable video for example with the
video html element with the
autoplay attribute or without the
In each page containing video content:
- Check that there is no video content automatically activated when the page loads;
- Check that there is no video content activated in an unpredictable way following a user action.
Opquast training and certification
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.