- Give the user control over the visual and auditory interface when visiting a website.
- Do not surprise the user by unexpectedly playing audio content.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
Do not create audio content which starts automatically and without explicit user action.
Do not include in the page elements triggering the playback of an uncontrollable sound for example with the
audio html element with the
autoplay attribute or without the
In each page containing audio content:
- Check that there is no audio content automatically activated when the page loads;
- Check that there is no audio content activated in an unpredictable way following a user action.
Discover Opquast training and certification
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.