- Enable the automated detection of incorrect URLs.
- Send reliable information to the browser.
- Reduce the energy impact related to the consultation of the site.
- Improve the way content is taken into account by search engines and indexing tools.
Modify the web server configuration to send the user to a customised page when the requested resource does not exist
If the main server configuration is not directly accessible and if the environment allows it, use a local configuration by directory. For example, the Apache environment authorises the creation of an
.htaccess file containing directives relating to error handling:
ErrorDocument 404 /mapage.html.
For each site checked:
- Enter the URL address of the site followed by random characters (such as http://www.example.com/lsghlshdgkjsdgk).
- Check with a development tool that the status shown is
404 not found.
Opquast training and certification
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.