- Prevent users from entering passwords that don’t match the ones that they wanted or that they memorized.
AMongst the possible implementations :
- Suggest, after the password entry field, a confirmation field where the password must be entered again and check that the two entries are identical during the submission. In this case, as with all other form fields, make sure to allow copy and paste into form fields.
- Allowing users to display their password in clear text.
- Provide a unique login link or code.
In the case of password creation:
- Check that a mechanism for double entry of passwords, generally in the form of two successive fields, is systematically present.
Opquast training and certification
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.