- Help users understand what is expected and, by doing so, facilitate their progression to the next step.
- Prevent user frustration in the face of mistakes for which they don’t have an immediate solution.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
For each field containing rejected data, indicate the nature of the error and provide correction help
- Either at the start of the form, in a list of incorrect fields;
- Or in the context of each field, as much as possible using its
For each form checked:
- Check for the various possible errors in each form - no input in a field, non-compliance with a requested or predictable format (format of email address, date, etc.), case sensitivity, etc.
- If the input is rejected, check that the nature of the error is specified to help in its correction, by one of the means indicated in the implementation paragraph.