- Avoid pointless downloads for users.
- Inform users about the files they’re going to download.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
Indicate the language of the document content:
- Either in the link wording;
- Or by the
titleattribute of the link.
Find out more:
For each download link leading to a document written in a different language, check that the language of the file to download can be known:
- By information given in the wording of the link;
- By the
titleattribute of the link containing and completing the caption of this link;
- By information given in the context of the link: paragraph or
lilisting element where it is included, title of the preceding section, header cell of the table associated with the relevant table;
- Or by generic information on a help page.