- Avoid pointless downloads for users.
- Inform users about the files they’re going to download.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
Indicate the language of the document content:
- Either in the link wording;
- Or by the
titleattribute of the link.
Find out more:
For each download link leading to a document written in a different language, check that the language of the file to download can be known:
- By information given in the wording of the link;
- By the
titleattribute of the link containing and completing the caption of this link;
- By information given in the context of the link: paragraph or
lilisting element where it is included, title of the preceding section, header cell of the table associated with the relevant table;
- Or by generic information on a help page.
Business application and benefits
The rules should be applied to your projects from the design phase through to post-implementation , and they should be understood by all professionals with web and customer experience (CX) responsibilities: from strategy to operations, marketers to project managers, and editorial to technical staff. The benefits of using this ruleset are numerous, including improving customer satisfaction, web performance, and e-commerce, and expanding your client base, while also decreasing your errors and costs.
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.