- Provide advance notice to the users on the quantity of data that will be downloaded, as a
- Preventive measure.
- Allow users to wait to download the file over a low-speed or mobile connection.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
At the very least, provide a help page indicating the average or maximum size for all of the files available.
Better, indicate the size for each file download link.
Find out more:
For each download link, check that it is possible to know the size:
- By generic information given in a help page;
- By information next to the link: paragraph or
lilisting element where it is included, title of the preceding section, header cell of the table associated with the relevant table;
- By the
titleattribute of the link containing and completing its caption;
- Or by information given in the link wording.