- Allow users to maintain control over their work environments.prevent cut-offs or losses of information while reading, particularly for users with screen readers whose functions would be interrupted by a timed refresh or redirect.
- Not penalize mobile users trying to access content when their network signal is variable over short periods of time.
- Prevent unwanted increases in the cost to users of using mobile data.
Do not use the
http-equiv="refresh" meta element.
Provide the user with a way to disable any automatic refreshes and redirects which are created:
- using an
object, embed or appletelement;
- or using a
HTTP refresh headerheader.
Find out more:
For each page checked:
- Using a code inspector, check for the absence of the
- Check that viewing the page does not reveal any automatic refresh or any client side redirection that cannot be deactivated previously through the website interface (without having to use any functionality specific to the browser).