- Enable the referencing of the contents of PDF documents.
- Simplify the handling and reuse of the contents of PDF documents.
- Ensure the readability of the contents of PDF documents.
- Improve the accessibility of content for people with disabilities.
- Improve the way content is taken into account by search engines and indexing tools.
Do not distribute PDFs resulting from the scanning of initial documents, only distribute documents converted to digital format (by OCR if necessary).
For each internal PDF document published on the website:
- Display or open the document
- Check that the displayed text is immediately selectable on the screen or that it can be consulted in a screen reader.
Business application and benefits
The rules should be applied to your projects from the design phase through to post-implementation , and they should be understood by all professionals with web and customer experience (CX) responsibilities: from strategy to operations, marketers to project managers, and editorial to technical staff. The benefits of using this ruleset are numerous, including improving customer satisfaction, web performance, and e-commerce, and expanding your client base, while also decreasing your errors and costs.
The objective of these rules and the Opquast community mission is ‘making the web better’ for your customers and for everyone! Opquast rules cover the key major areas of risk that can negatively affect website users such as privacy, ecodesign, accessibility and security.